Well, it’s almost 2016, and to mark the beginning of this exciting New Year, I’ve decided to launch my first ever copywriting and content marketing course.
Each week, I will release one blog post, which will show you how good content can transform your readers into customers.
You don't really need a copywriter, do you?
I have spent years crafting and redrafting copy for businesses and non-profit organisations, and throughout this time, I have seen a pattern of similar issues and mistakes.
The biggest issue is that copy is usually the very last thing organisations invest in – whether that’s in the form of time or money.
I can understand why.
Everyone can write. Your employees, your friends, those people on Fivrr are okay, and hell, even your six year old is getting pretty good at it. What’s the point of drafting an expert in? What’s the point in taking the time to write content? No one really reads it anyway. Just get it done, and get it out. Right?
Absolutely and completely and categorically wrong!
Because copywriting isn’t just about words. It’s about you and your brand; it’s about your readers and driving them to take action. Ultimately, it’s about increasing sales.
Every single email, blog post, tweet, video, brochure, advert, Facebook update, press article and newsletter—I could go on—is a piece of writing. It can be good or it can be bad. If it’s bad, you may as well take the money out your wallet (or purse) right now and burn it. Because I absolutely guarantee it will not achieve what you want it to. It will not get people to pick up that phone, sign up to your email list or click the holy grail that is your buy now button. It will do nothing. It will be a giant waste of time.
That’s why a lot of business owners and organisations eventually draft in an expert.
So, follow me on my course, Copywriting 101, and I will show you how words can encourage and inspire your readers to do the very thing you want them to. I will provide actionable advice that you can implement in your business straight away. To make sure you don’t miss a single post, sign up to my email contact list now using the box below.
Throughout this course we will be covering….
• Copywriting – your voice, your style, hacks you can implement today
• Storytelling – how businesses can use storytelling to build a loyal fan base
• Content marketing – what is it and how do I use it to increase my sales?
• Blogging – headlines, strategy, SEO and more
• Web copy – writing for the web, ecommerce descriptions and the art of an effective homepage
• Email marketing – gaining impressive open rates, growing an email list and what to include
• Offline marketing – advertorials, press releases, brochures and direct mail – what to do and what not to do
• International copy – don’t get lost in translation
• Social media – strategy, analysis, content and more
I hope to see you throughout the year. If you have any comments add them to the box below. And don’t forget to sign up to my email list so you never miss a post. The first one goes out on Monday 4 January.